Sequestration is the only process in South Africa for an individual to write off debt.
Bad things happen to good people. It is important to understand when it is worth still fighting, and when it is time to make a fresh start.
- You have lost your property or about to lose your property and left with a shortfall. No normal person can recover from such a loss, and still having to rent.
- You have lost your car or it is about to be taken away. How will you ever be able to pay for a shortfall on the vehicle sold on auction and buy alternative transport.
- Your debt situation is just such that you will be paying for the rest of your life, and cannot see that you will ever be in a position to buy anything again.
- Your business failed, and you have signed guarantee for the business debt.
Sequestration in an option that you can deal with personal debts which you have no hope of repaying in a reasonable period.
- Start a new life debt free.
- Your salary is your salary and you can immediately start saving for your future again.
- Your pension money can never be touched.
- You keep your insurance cover.
- You will be able to rehabilitate after approximately 3.5 years.
- Once rehabilitated you will form part of the main stream financial activities as before the sequestration, except you will be debt free.
- All major banks approve Bonds based on normal criteria after 1 year of rehabilitation.
- You stop paying all debts immediately, including the Receiver of Revenue.
- We guide you through the application process.
- If you have a bond, you will still stay in your property for at least the medium term for free before it will be sold.
- If you have a financed car, you will still be driving your car for at least the medium term for free before it will be sold.
- After three months a Curator will be appointed by the Master of the Court. In about 6 months’ time on average the realization of assets will start.
- All garnishees get cancelled.
In life we walk around with a misunderstood perception and baggage that we carry along with us. We think we deserve to suffer for the rest of our lives.
There is no need for this All you need to do is give us the opportunity to talk to you.
This is but one of the processes to assist you, but the one least understood. We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you, please send an email and we will contact you to discuss this option.